If you’ve recently relocated to Cary or you’re a new parent, it’s important to inquire about family dentistry in Cary, North Carolina. Additionally, it’s also important that you find a knowledgeable family dentist to look after you and your family’s dental health. But what exactly about a family dentist?
Family Dentistry and Its Services
What Is It?
Our dentists in Beavers Dentistry are professional and experienced, which means we can treat patients of all ages. Family dentistry focuses on dental health throughout all stages of life, but especially in children and teenagers. Dentists who specialize in family dentistry are comparable to general dentists, but they have more expertise in working with children. Some family dentists are also licensed pediatricians.
When you decide on getting a family dentist, you’re choosing a practice that will be able to meet your children’s oral requirements throughout their lives.
What Services Do Family Dentists Provide?
General and preventative dentistry are often the emphasis of family dentists. The following are among the most common treatments:
- Regular cleanings and exams — For patients of all ages, six-month checkups are crucial because they help detect dental concerns like gingivitis and tooth decay before they worsen. These examinations also guarantee that your child’s teeth are appropriately developing.
- Dental sealants and fluoride treatments – These are both effective techniques to prevent tooth decay in youngsters.
- Cavity checks and dental fillings – Tooth decay is a prevalent pediatric condition that is fully avoidable. Most family dentists specialize in detecting and filling cavities, as well as treating tooth decay in patients of all ages.
- Orthodontics — This dental therapy is not performed by all family dentists. They do, however, give orthodontic assessments and, if necessary, referrals to professional orthodontists.
- Gum disease treatment – To treat patients with periodontal disease, family dentists often provide services such as gum care and scaling and root planing.
Learn More About Family Dentistry Cary in North Carolina
A family dentist can treat young children, teenagers, adults, and the elderly, as well as provide proper oral care at any age. You’ll be able to create a long-term relationship with your dental care provider if you choose a family dentist at Beavers Dentistry. Call us!